BY ACCESSING THE SITE AND BY WILLINGLY SUBMITTING PERSONAL INFORMATION TO DENTAL AWARE, YOU AGREE TO HOW WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION AS DESCRIBED UNDER THIS POLICY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HOW WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION, YOUR ONLY OPTION IS TO STOP USING THE SITE AND OUR DENTAL SERVICES.
This Policy is subject to review and modification should the need arise. Needs may include changes in applicable privacy laws or other developments. Modifications to this Policy may come with or without notification from us. The effective date of any modifications to this Policy shall be posted at the top of this Policy. You are advised to frequently review the date of this Policy for any modifications to it. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SITE AND OUR SERVICES AFTER ANY MODIFICATION TO THIS POLICY CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH MODIFICATION.
- The Information Dental Aware collects and why
When you interact with Dental Aware, including accessing the Site and requesting for our services, we collect the information as categorized below:
- Personal Information: We collect personal information in accordance with your use of our services and the Site. Personal information is any information that can be used to directly identify you. We do not forcefully collect personal information unless you consent to it. For example, we collect personal information such as names, business contact information, and professional business information from users who are in the same dental business with us. Generally, personal information may be collected when users (i) request for a price breakdown for dental treatment via the “Dental Cost Calculator” (ii) opt-in to join Dental Aware as applicant employees (iii) take part in our surveys and promotions, and (iv) contact us through our email address for services.
Dental Aware collect personal information to:
- Identify each user of our services;
- Make informed decisions about hiring the appropriate staff;
- Respond to users’ requests and provide the services; and
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions and comply with the applicable privacy laws.
- Cookie Information and Web Beacons: Cookies are tiny pieces of data that our programmed software automatically sends to your browser. The essence of sending cookies is to track some information about users’ behaviour on the Site, which in turn, helps us to provide the Site and services smoothly and improve user-experience. Cookies also help us to identify each user and store activities about them. If you wish to block cookies from tracking these behaviours about you, go through your browser settings area. However, be aware that blocking cookies will alter some of the features of the Site and decrease your user experience.
Like cookies, we also send web beacons. Web beacons are tiny graphic images that are placed on your device or email to track your behaviours on the Site. Cookies and web beacons are both used for general Site and user-experience improvement. Once you set your browser to block cookies from tracking you, web beacon is also blocked. However, anonymous visits will still be tracked.
- Information Disclosures
Dental Aware does not share information with third parties for personal use or marketing needs. The information collected under the categories above may be disclosed under the following circumstances:
- Disclosure to Contractors: Dental Aware may share information about you with individuals or entities whom we have contracted to perform certain tasks on our behalf. The information shared with our contractors is only used to perform the tasks we have contracted them for. They are under obligation to abide by this rule via signing a non-disclosure agreement.
- Disclosure to Employees: Like the disclosure to contractors as described above, we will also disclose information to employees within the organization if the employee requires such information to perform the task, he/she has been employed for. For example, to attend to requests from users, an employee must collect the details of the user in order to provide the required service.
- Disclosure under the Law: We may disclose information about you when we believe such disclosure will help us (i) investigate, prevent, or take necessary actions against any illegal activities such as fraud (ii) to protect the rights of other users, Dental Aware, and third parties (iii) to comply with applicable privacy law (iv) enforce our Terms and Conditions, respond to a court order, subpoena, and other investigative summonses by law enforcement officers, and (v) to secure against legal claims.
- Disclosure to third parties within the Dental Industry: As Dental Aware solicits personal information from related entities, we also disclose personal information to related entities. In order words, entities within the Dental Industry are required to share personal information about their users for
- Security of Information
Dental Aware is very much aware of the need to protect and safeguard our users’ personal information from theft, alteration, and unauthorized use. This is why we have put the best safety measures to ensure it is safe as possible. We do not disclose personal information unless it is for a specific purpose. We use physical, electronic, and traditional methods to ensure your information is safe. We use industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to protect any data transmitted between your browser and our servers, which prevents any unauthorized access to your information from anywhere on the internet. We also do not share any information with contractors, employees, or third parties unless Dental Aware consents to it in writing. These measures guarantee the safety of your information with us. However, you should be aware that no measure, no matter how secure, is 100% guaranteed in securing any information from unauthorized access. We cannot fully guarantee that there will not be a third-party breach of your privacy by theft.
- Rights of Users in relation to Personal Information
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you:
- Right to Request access and modify your Personal Information: As required under the Australian Privacy Principles, you may, at any time, request access to the personal information we hold about you, including modifying such information for accuracy and completeness. To exercise this right, use the “Contact us” button to send us a message or simply reach out to us via our email address at info [at] dentalaware.com.au.
- Right to report Dental Aware to Privacy Authority: If you believe, with sufficient proof, that we are not processing your personal information as described under this Policy or applicable privacy law, you have the right to report us to any privacy authority in your location.
- Right to Request a copy of the Policy: You have the right to request for a copy of this Policy in another format – provided such format will be reasonably easy to be provided. To make such a request, reach out to Dental Aware via our email address at info [at] dentalaware.com.au.
- International Transfer of information
We may transfer your personal information to contractors outside of Australia if the need arises. Such personal information may be transferred to contractors if it is needed to perform the services, we have contacted them to do. Personal information shared with contractors outside of Australia may not be used in accordance with this Policy or the Australian Privacy Principles; however, we will ensure they use any information for the purpose of performing the task we have contracted them to do. By providing us with personal information, you consent to the international transfer of your personal information.
- Retention of information
Dental Aware does not keep any personal information about you unless it is necessary to provide you with our services. Once the purpose for which we solicit your information is achieved, we will delete the relevant information about you. However, we may not be able to delete some non-personal information from our database. This is to comply with applicable data laws.
- Children Policy
Dental Aware does not knowingly solicit personal information from users that are below 18 years of age. If you are below 18 years of age, you may only submit personal information to us or use our dental services when you are being supervised by a parent(s) or a legal guardian. By using the Site and submitting personal information to Dental Aware, you represent that you have attained the legal age of majority.
- Third-Party Advert
The Site may occasionally contain adverts or links from third-party companies or websites (“Third Party Adverts”). The content of these Third-Party Adverts have not been checked by Dental Aware nor are they governed by this Policy. We do not guarantee that the companies who posted such Third-Party Adverts made adequate security over any information collected when you click on Third Party Adverts. Therefore, if you click on any Third-Party Advert on the Site, you do so at your own risk. Dental Aware will not be held responsible for any loss of privacy or other losses suffered as a result of the Third Party Advert you clicked on the Site. We seriously implore you to review the privacy policies of any Third-Party Advert before clicking on them.
- Contact Us
For complaints, requests, or questions regarding this Policy, contact Dental Aware via our email address at info [at] dentalaware.com.au.